18 November 2021
The international transport sector has long been a blind spot when it comes to sustainability. However, this is rapidly changing At GoodNRG we have been working hard for over six years to make the sector more sustainable by accelerating the transition to fossil-free transport.
We believe that for a better world without climate change, energy consumption must ultimately become fossil-free. Shipping is responsible for 1 billion ton annual Green House Gas (GHG) emissions, comparable to aviation. If nothing changes, by 2050, CO2 emissions of the whole transport sector, be it on our oceans, roads, or in the air, will be 60% higher than today. The energy transition for a cleaner, greener supply chain is too slow. Active intervention is required now.
At GoodShipping, we accelerate the transition to fossil-free transport by empowering cargo owners to switch fuel and together change industry. GoodShipping is the first sustainable cargo initiative in the world that offers companies – of all sizes and segments worldwide – the opportunity to make container shipments less polluting through its immediate decarbonisation service and carbon insetting approach. GoodFuels develops and supplies truly sustainable alternatives to fossil fuels for international shipping and heavy road transport. Together with GoodShipping, GoodFuels is part of GoodNRG. The GoodNRG team is an international and close-knit team of people who all work hard for the mission of our company: Propelling a better world by zeroing the future.
To strengthen our mission driven team, we are immediately looking for a Marketeer GoodShipping.
About the role
As a Marketeer, you will join our international and fast-growing marketing team and reports to the Marketing & Communication Manager Finco Group. Together with your GoodShipping colleagues, you take into account the needs of our customers, and how we can best communicate our joint impact story. As a young and innovative company, we are game changers, and this has an effect on the role; marketing is still relatively uncharted territory for many of our customers, so there are few well-trodden paths and plenty of room for your own input. The working language in our office and in most of our communication is English, for some clients or channels we communicate in Dutch.
Some example tasks
- Deliver a creative marketing strategy to boost brand- and proposition awareness
- Analysing and improving the customer journey
- Coordinating, creating and executing marketing requests from the sales team and/or our clients
- Thinking along with our clients and if relevant set up an appropriate (joint) marketing plan
- Organising (customer) events
- Ensure that our story is consistent in all our channels.
Who are you?
For the position of GoodShipping Marketeer, we are looking for someone who:
- Is flexible and likes to work in a fast changing environment
- Has a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude
- Has a talent for organisation and can keep a good overview
- Has a good sense of what is important to a customer and knows how to respond to this
- Has a feeling for language and an eye for visual branding
- Likes to act as a spider in a web, a real team player
- Likes to work for an impact driven company, and in this way wants to contribute to making the transport sector more sustainable.
- Have an HBO or WO education in a relevant field
Have at least six years of relevant work experience, for example in a marketing or project management role
Have good communication skills and practical attitude
Are driven by making impact together
What do we offer?
- A workplace at our new office in the ‘Awarehouse’ in the Houthavens; the creative business hub of Amsterdam
- A competitive salary
- A full-time position for 40 hours per week, part-time in consultation (minimum 32 hours)
- 25 holiday days (in case of a fulltime appointment)
- Laptop and telephone
- A good pension scheme
- Daily catered team lunch
- Travel allowance
- Social (virtual) drinks and other team events
- A role that contributes to the energy transition in a company with positive impact
Interested in the role?
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the role, you can also contact us at this e-mail address. We are an equal opportunities employer, which means we do not discriminate. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
GoodShipping is part of the GoodNRG Group, a fast-growing scale-up located in Amsterdam. We are frontrunner in the field of truly sustainable alternatives for fossil fuels. With GoodShipping, we include cargo owners in the energy transition in the transport sector, empowering them to switch fuel and together change industry.