11 February 2022
Senior Growth Manager GoodShipping
At GoodShipping, we accelerate the transition to fossil-free transport by empowering cargo owners to switch fuel and together change industry. We do this by offering a carbon reduction service.
We believe that for a better world without climate change, energy consumption must ultimately become fossil-free. Shipping is responsible for 1 billion ton annual Green House Gas (GHG) emissions, comparable to aviation. If nothing changes, by 2050, CO2 emissions of the whole transport sector, be it on our oceans, roads, or in the air, will be 60% higher than today. The energy transition for a cleaner, greener supply chain is too slow. Active intervention is required, by giving cargo owners the autonomy to use truly sustainable alternatives for fossil-fuel, and united, altering the course of transport as we know it in the immediate term.
About the role
GoodShipping is currently looking for a Senior Growth Manager with a passion for sales and account management, who feels strongly about our mission to accelerate the energy transition towards fossil-free transportation. Their responsibility is to represent GoodShipping towards our customers, empower them to change fuel and together change the industry.
This candidate is impact driven, but also has a strong commercial business sense and an entrepreneurial mindset. The role requires a 360-approach, where you will be doing acquisition and organizing meetings with clients and prospects, but you will also be responsible for realizing growth ambitions and setting the right priorities in your pipeline.
Are you passionate about sustainable solutions and determined to make the world a better place? Then this role is for you!
- Drives growth by a systematic blue print approach with appropriate mix of:
- inbound vs outbound sales
- online vs offline
- direct vs intermediary
- Board level sparring partner and advisor on decarbonization of transport and insetting, being able to convert the conversation into actual sales for GoodShipping at global corporate clients
- Mastermind business growth strategies to help meet organizational goals and objectives. Examines company proposition to make sure we stay relevant and makes recommendations for necessary changes
- Has an overall P&L mindset and focus
- Looks for opportunities to grow a business, whether through partnerships or new initiatives, and works to take advantage of those opportunities
- Analyses sales and other reports that give insight into how the company can make adjustments to improve performance
- Proposes the right marketing & branding mix to boost the GoodShipping brand into the leading insetting brand of the world in close cooperation with our marketing team.
- At least ten years of experience in a broad commercial role, preferably within the transport, logistics, (renewable) energy or sustainability industry. With experience in
International sales (inbound/outbound CRM, etc)
Distribution (direct/indirect, offline/online)
- P&L experience (thorough understanding and responsibility towards the P&L)
- Advanced communicative skills. The ability to sell more than just a carbon reduction service. With your charisma and personal impact drive, you are able to truly convince people of your story.
- You have a collaborative and pro-active approach; you take initiative, and you can work independent. You love the just-do-it mentality and the responsibilities that come with that.
- Excellent written, verbal and multimedia communications skills (English required).
- You have a positive impact mind-set, believe in a better world and want to create it rather today than tomorrow.
What we offer
- A workplace at our new office in the ‘Awarehouse’ in the Houthavens; the creative business hub of Amsterdam
- A competitive salary
- A full-time position for 40 hours per week, part-time in consultation (minimum 32 hours)
- 25 holiday days (in case of a fulltime appointment)
- Laptop and telephone
- A good pension scheme
- Daily catered team lunch
- Travel allowance
- Social (virtual) drinks and other team events
- A role that contributes to the energy transition in a company with positive impact
Interested in the role?
Do you meet the majority of the requirements above, and do you see yourself as a potential culture fit for our team? Then we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible!
GoodShipping is part of the GoodNRG Group, a fast-growing scale-up located in Amsterdam. We are frontrunner in the field of truly sustainable alternatives for fossil fuels. With GoodShipping, we include cargo owners in the energy transition in the transport sector, empowering them to switch fuel and together change industry.